The 2014 North Carolina Series has been finalized and the details are set. Here are the basics:
- A champion will be crowned in Open, Pro Masters, Advanced and Intermediate.
- The top three finishers from each division will be paid. Cash for Open and Masters, Merchandise for Advanced and Intermediate. The amount paid is TBD as it is based on the number of entries from these divisions. Each event in the series will deduct one dollar from each player in these divisions. Other divisions will not have anything deducted from them.
- There will be 4 divisions - The East, The Triangle, The Central, and The West. There are 5 events per division. To be eligible for prizes, you must compete in at least one event in three of the four divisions.
- Your best 13 events count towards the series. If you play more than 13 events, your worst finishes will be deducted. If you play less than 13 events, you will receive the appropriate amount of 0's. The points scale is as follows:
1st - 50 points
2nd - 47
3rd - 45
4th - 43
5th - 40
6th - 37
7th - 35
8th - 33
9th - 30
10th - 27
11th - 25
12th - 23
13th - 20
14th - 17
15th - 15
16th - 13
17th - 10
18th - 8
19th - 7
20th - 5
21st or worse - 3
DNF - 0
Players receive full points for all tied places. For example if John and Tom tie for 4th and Frank is 6th, John and Tom receive 43 points and Frank receives 37.
For the NC Doubles Championship, both players receive the same number of points.
***NEW FOR 2014***
Each division will have a "major" event within the points series. The points for this event are doubled and are highlighted below.
- The schedule is as follows:
February 8 - 9 - Buckhorn Open - Raleigh - Triangle Division March 22 - 23 - Azalea Amateur (Amateur Only) - Castle Hayne - East Division
March 29 - 30 - North Carolina Doubles Championship - Pittsboro / Moncure - Central Division
April 5 - 6 - Azalea Open (Pro Only) - Castle Hayne - East Division
April 26 - 26 - Carolina Clash - Charlotte - West Division Major
May 17 - 19 - Tar Heel Tournament - Chapel Hill - Triangle Division
May 24 - 25 - King's Cup - Kinston - East Division
June 14 - 15 - Zebulon Cha Ching and Zing - Zebulon - Triangle Division
June 21 - 22 - Charlotte Amateur Championship (Amateur Only) - Charlotte - West Division
June 28 - 29 - High Country Championships - West Jefferson - West Division
July 12 - 13 - Sandhills Showdown - Whispering Pines - Central Division Major
July 19 - 20 - Midtown Chiropractic Raleigh Disc Golf Championship - Raleigh - Triangle Division
July 26 - 27 - 21 Hole Salute - Charlotte - West Division
August 2 - Beaver Jam (Pro Only) - Charlotte - West Division
August 16 - 17 - Oak Hollow Open - High Point - Central Division
August 23 - 24 - Sugar Grove Shootout - Boone - West Division
September 20 - 21 - Craven Chains Classic - New Bern - East Division
October 11 - 12 - Sneeky Pete Classic - Burlington - Central Division
October 18 - 19 - Down East Player's Cup - Greenville - East Divison
November 1 - 2 - Lake's Edge Open - Reidsville - Central Division
November 8 - 9 - Bark Buster - Rocky Mount - East Division Major
November 15 - 16 - Forest Hills Open - Durham - Triangle Division Major
- The State Rep for North Carolina in the USDGC will be determined based off of Performance (Handicapped) scoring at the Sandhills Shootout. To be eligible, you must be a current PDGA member in good standing, a North Carolina Resident with a rating of at least 875 and compete on in the same pool (note not division, pool) as the Open Division. The spot will be awarded on July 13.The winner must pay for the spot in full by August 13.
- End of year Ties for second or third will be split. There are no ties for first. The following is the tiebreaker proceedures:
- Wins on the series
- Most points dropped from total score
- Events played
- PDGA rating
- PDGA Number
- Any questions / comments, concerns, please post on the facebook page - search "North Carolina Disc Golf Series" and "like" the page.